Monday, March 21, 2011

Ask Me Monday

Today's question comes from Ladeesunshyne78. She asks:

I have oily skin and been trying for a little while to get a daily routine down to properly cleanse and moisturize my skin. Is it too much to use a facial scrub everyday? I started doing that maybe a couple weeks ago (every morning and night before I go to bed) Im not having any problems just wanted to know if I could be doing any damage to my skin?


Girl! If you don't stop exfoliating twice everyday!!!! Lol!! That is way too much! Exfoliation should only be done 1-2 times per week! Too much exfoliation can actually cause small tears in your skin which can lead to an entirely new set of problems.

Over-exfoliation also over-stimulates the skin and can cause your skin to produce more oil, leading to more breakouts! Please scale back to no more than 2 nights per week. I also don't recommend exfoliating in the morning because there's no real need to. Think about it: You wash your face at night, moisturize and go to sleep. What has gotten on your skin or in your pores? Very little. All that's needed in the morning is another cleansing or even just plain, very warm water.

Kudos on the exfoliation; it's a very important step. But like everything else, it must be done in moderation. Hope this helps!!



Got a question that you would like for me to answer? Email it to victoria@ambreose.com to get it answered!! Let me know if you would like to remain anonymous.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...